So I’ve been working on my Under Armour What’s Beautiful Challenges slowly but surely. Here’s a round up of what I’ve completed over the past few weeks since my last post.
1. Future Self: we had to write to our future self on why we’d be glad to accomplish the goal we’ve set out for ourselves. Have a read below on what Robyn needs to know as she completes three obstacle races this year!
2. Bring A Friend: I’ve posted on the blog about our warrior dash hill training. We gathered 6 women together to do hill sprints & bodyweight exercises. It’s so fun to sweat together!
3. Get Off The Ground: My trainer has been attacking my legs as I get ready for a fitness competition on June 22nd. Two weeks ago he gave me three sets of jump squats (20 reps, 20 reps and then 15 reps) to finish off the workout. I had fun with a photo app to give myself fairy dust when I jump. Doesn’t everyone create fairy dust during jump squats?
4. Game Face: This is my game face after doing 11 hill sprints during one of our many warrior dash hill training. Hills you’ve got nothing on me! Bring it!
5. Two A Day: I’m used to two a days when getting ready for a fitness competition. This week was no different. Legs in the am and then a nice 3K run + tabata at home after work!
6. Tick Marks: It’s important to set short term goals on the way to big milestones. For my goal of 3 obstacle races I need functional & mental strength to get there.
7. The Beast: If you go to my profile you can see a video of me doing my “beast” move. Try tuck jumps as the last move in your tabata sequence! They are killer. Last Saturday I knocked out bench jumps, bunny hops over the bench, mountain climbers, plank jacks and tuck jumps tabata style (20s work, 10s rest, 8 rounds each move).