I love our oldest son, Havoc. Yes, I’m a fur mama. But when he comes in from outside and plops his butt down on our white/grey carpet and starts the butt shimmy, god help me I get a little upset.
But then he looks at me like this and I snag the opportunity to create content around a Do It Yourself carpet cleaning solution.
Ok so after the butt drag has occurred. Don’t worry I didn’t snag a shot of the poop smear at Mike’s urging. I grab the following ingredients and voila! DIY Carpet Cleaner!
- A bowl
- 1 Tblsp White Vinegar
- 1 Cap OnGuard Cleaner Concentrate
- 10 – 15 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Approx 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- Put White Vinegar & Cleaner Concentrate in a Bowl
2. Add Baking Soda – Enjoy the foaming affect
3. Add 10 – 15 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil. If you’re a regular blog reader you’ll know I’m a passionate fan of dōTERRA Essential Oils. This is one of the oils that comes in the Top 10 Home Essentials Kit and is really cost affordable. I usually have this on my monthly order every other month!
4. Stir together and apply to carpet stain. Leave on for 30 – 40 mins and then vacuum up.
No more poop!
If you’d like to order Essential Oils and incorporate them into your cleaning products I’d love to help you get started. You can pop on over to this link and follow instructions on ordering a starter kit or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!