What if you don’t want to quit your full-time job?
What if you enjoy your corporate career?
What if you simply want to diversify your income and create an abundant side hustle?
I had blogging for years. I started this little place on the internet in 2009. I started posting on social media regularly and all of a sudden companies started reaching out to me, asking me to post about their brands & products. I took in a few paychecks here and there or received product in exchange for my promotion and thought, “hey that’s cool.” I started a podcast in 2016 and threw up a couple of affiliate marketing sponsorship clips in the episodes. However, that was the extent of my monetization. When I sat down at the end of the year to do my expenses and revenue tracking (for self-employment income) for tax time I realized how much money I was pouring into my side hustles and barely any return on investment.
Bloggers or Podcasters does this sound familiar?
My full-time job was paying for my passions. Which is fine and dandy but I was conflicted. Was it ok to want to create a viable side hustle income? I was a little scared of what my full-time gig might think. That I might not be as productive or put as much effort in. Which would never be the case but was a warranted fear.
So along came dōTERRA … Which is my second foray into network marketing. My first involvement failed miserably. I wasn’t ready for the hard work. I didn’t understand it and I didn’t have a great mentor to guide me along the way. I floundered, failed and grew a bitter taste in my mouth for the word MLM or network marketing. Cue Ange Peters showing up in my life several years later, with warmth, authenticity, reality, tough love and loving guidance. I watched how she was living her life. How she was setting an example for her community and family and building a beautiful home life. I was curious and dove into the business model for dōTERRA, started using the products (and fell in love) and when I made the move from Toronto to Ottawa and took a paycut in my full-time income I decided to see if I could replicate that cut with my side hustle.
Cue hard work, research, putting in countless hours in the morning, on lunch hours and in evenings and I was able to build to a level in the business that replicated the income I had lost in my full-time gig. For me that was success!
I loved that my hard work was paying off. Network marketing as a meritocracy was showing me that my success was directly relevant to the time I put in. I wasn’t blinded by promises of residual income and passive income coming easily. I knew that I would have to get out of my comfort zones and talk to people and share and be of service to be successful.
You have to get out of your comfort zones and talk to people and share and be of service to be successful.
And I was excited that all this work around sharing how I take care of myself was something that was the basis, the building blocks of my work with dōTERRA. I wasn’t trying to fit myself into a mold of someone I wasn’t. It was so perfectly integrated into how I was already showing up in the world.
While blogging & podcasting are still my passions, I’m so grateful that I don’t have to worry about how I pay for them. I can invest in systems and tools to make posting free content easier and then invest my time that I free up from automation back into content creation and serving.
SO HOW DOES THIS APPLY TO YOU!?
Whether you simply want to pay for a monthly order or oils, create enough income to pay for certain passions in your life (may it be blogging or traveling during the year), the sky is completely what you choose to go after. There are people in our business model who put in part-time hours and make part-time income and there are those in the business who are invested and all in to build a business that is abundant, serves their customers with solutions they are looking for and will create time & money freedom for their families.
I love the possibilities. I love that in a year I’ve been able to see sustainable success. However my be all and end all favourite thing is when a customer lets me know how the oils have helped them. That fills me up more than being able to pay for my blogging platform. But the combination together is just simply amazing and sometimes we shy away from saying that. I’m proud of what I’ve built and am excited for what I’m building in the future.
If you’re curious about the business model, compensation structures or how to get started. I’m only an email away. Fire one my way to email@example.com.
And if you need a bit more information…
Here are my Top 10 Reasons to Build a Side Hustle with dōTERRA:
- The company is completely debt free and teaches how to get out of debt with their Free to Give program
- What other side hustle can you invest in the monthly business expenses that will better your home, self care practice and beauty regime at the same time?
- The company has a high customer retention ratio
- Little saturation in North America and many other countries.
- Because you are ready to be a part of a health care revolution that empowers people to be proactive with their health
- The idea of making a certain amount a month. Whether it be enough for financial freedom or simply to pay for the weekly groceries is fulfilling to you.
- By purchasing products you are creating sustainable success for farmers around the world (many in 3rd world countries) who rely on doTERRA’s pay.
- Because bringing your diffuser to your full time job can benefit all those around you. I’ve had coworkers ask for me to diffuse Motivate during busy seasons!
- Because you can choose how many hours you put in towards this job (you create your schedule), it’s purely volunteer and allows you to flex some entrepreneurial spirit at the same time without creating your own company, product or service!
- Because who are you not to build and diversify your income?!