Hi Alpha Female (or Male)! I’m so glad you found this small part of the internet! I’m really glad you’re here.
So here’s the deal – when people ask me what I do for a living I tell them…
I inspire others to tackle the world head on with positivity & enthusiasm while finding work/life harmony in a happy and healthy way. I am an Alpha Female helping those who work full-time find work/life harmony with their side hustles. I am a to do list stress slayer and a proactive health advocate.
And then they say, “No really, What do you do?” So I say…
I use my University learned marketing skills to share products and services to the right consumers in the corporate world full time, but on the side… I also write fun or educational blog posts here of my bucket list adventures, how I live with MS, meal planning ideas, the occasional race recap, how I use essential oils and show notes from my podcast (The Alpha Female Podcast).
Since Marketing is my jam, I had to develop my own personal brand around this concept of being an Alpha Female.
An Alpha Female is a powerful and assertive woman. Her confidence is due to being an intelligent and intellectual problem-solver. Being an Alpha Female is a State of Mind based on choosing ambition and being proud of it. She strives for a happy and healthy work/life harmony.
She is the brightest star in her constellation. When an Alpha Female stays true to their authentic selves and their missions they shine. An Alpha Female puts herself first so that she can fill up her cup and then have more energy for her friends, family, and coworkers. She strives for synergy with the world around her. She knows that work/life harmony is found by staying true to your priorities and what makes you happy. She is never complacent about striving for better and nurtures relationships with all the people in her life.
- I understand people who love ambition, who strive for a work / life harmony but you may be struggling to apply it to your life in actionable steps. I created the Goal Digger Workbook to help you go from brain dump to a to-do list you complete with ease!
- I help Alpha Females (& Males) strategize and own their authentic selves in the world in their work and personal lives. I do this by sharing awesome interviews on The Alpha Female Podcast each Friday.
- I’m an author too! I wrote the book Love Lost, Life Found: 8 Practical Steps to Healing a Broken Heart which published on August 25, 2016. I wanted to give those who are dealing with a broken heart the tools to start their own personal healing journey.
- I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on Dec 2, 2014 and didn’t know how to navigate the world of living with an auto-immune disorder. I share my personal health journey here on the blog so newly diagnosed patients can learn to navigate their MS world. I also hope to provide new ideas to those already living with a chronic illness on how to incorporate holistic health practices into your life. And finally I want to empower everyone to live a proactive healthy life, to learn how to become your best health care advocate so you never have to deal with living with an auto-immune disorder.
- I use essential oils as a tool in my health care toolbelt. I introduce them to those who are ready to hire them to help solve a problem in your life and I help mentor other Alphas who want to build financial abundance in their life with network marketing. I have a list of the top 10 ways I use essential oils for you to download HERE!
Just in case you were wondering…
In grade 4 I wanted to be a lawyer and a ballerina. Instead I got my Honours Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing with a minor in Political Science. I did write my LSATs after Legally Blonde came out but instead “What Women Want” inspired me to dive head first into the advertising world where I spent the first 9 years of my career before going client side into marketing.
When I’m not at my full-time job, blogging, podcasting, building a network marketing business or proactively managing my health I can be found…
- Tackling Obstacle Course Races
- Running through trails or subdivisions
- Being present on my yoga mat
- or traveling the world tackling new bucket list adventures
If you’re STILL HERE reading…
- High Five
- Let me impart some random facts that just don’t belong in the fancy bio part…
- I have two bellybuttons (or rather a small scar from an operation at 18 months old that left me with this claim to fame) – you can see it in the fitness competition photo below!
- I was a former CFL Cheerleader (for 2 teams – Hamilton Ti-Cats 2004 & Toronto Argonauts 2006). I’m in the below picture in the back row, far right as an Argo cheerleader at the Hamilton Labour Day Classic – best of both worlds!
- I am a former fitness bikini competitor who has hung up their clear heels & sparkly bikinis to tackle mud and monkey bars in the OCR world.
This website is all about my personal journey through working full time & tackling the world of fitness, health and personal development. Please always consult your family physician before starting or changing a physical routine or taking new supplements.
Sometimes I am given the opportunity to review products that I get for free. If I get stuff for free then I’ll disclose it. I always try and ask for extra for my Alphas to do giveaways as well!
External links on this website may be affiliate links that could result in me receiving compensation when you click the link and buy something. This helps me to pay the bills that run this website and deliver great content for you to enjoy.
I do love comments and feedback. However, any slander, abuse, rude or inappropriate comments will not be approved. Be positively constructive please!
Get the weekly eNewsletter
Once a week I'll alert you to the latest blog posts, new podcast episodes and the one thing I learned from each of my guests!